Utterance In Form

These are poems that I wrote and most were originally posted on my Myspace or my Deviantart. This place has a better layout then where I had them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 09, 2007

Poem (35) - The Choice Arose

I'm not really certain about the title for this one.. and I'm not really happy with the last 4-6 lines. But, by golly, I don't really care. I felt like spilling words.


~The Choice Arose~

Trade me this pen for a ring
So that I might have a pretty thing
Or doll my hair up with bobbins
And wade around in silks, not cottons
Dressed to the T in ruffles and frills
Did you by chance catch the drill?
It’s time for a level of fashion
That I’ve been wanting with a passion
But as the day goes on
I feel like I’ve only been a pawn
Satins caught on corners sharp
Dirt under my fingernails larks
As I sit looking at rips
My mascara starts to drip
Splashing black along my cheeks
This wasn’t what I wanted for keeps
Dressed all up with no where to go
My day is just not flattering so
When set on keeping up trends
My face aches from the coating of blends
The glitter still sparkles even when blocked
And time is passing around the big clock
Give me back the friendly pen again
Don’t make it my choice to defend
The actions of the ones who chose
The path of long stemmed rose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home